Reading Notes: Nursery Rhymes, Reading B



Child Preparing for bed by Andrew Lang





This unit is really my favorite! I have had so much fun reading these stories, and I really think they will help to add a fun twist to my story telling later this week! I am really looking forward to applying some of the themes used in these stories. The jingles story in this unit was especially fun to read. 

I think that I could write a jingle for my next story telling, where it talks about nonsensical happenings where a character is placed in various circumstances where he has to decide which path to take.

The original story provided nonsense jingles such as: 

DEEDLE, deedle, dumpling, my son John
Went to bed with his trousers on;
One shoe off, the other shoe on,
Deedle, deedle, dumpling, my son John.

I think that adding more depth to the jingle will help the reader to engage more with it and gain some understanding. 

This story is part of the Nursery Rhymes unit. Story source: The Nursery Rhyme Book edited by Andrew Lang and illustrated by L. Leslie Brooke (1897). Nursery Rhymes: Jingles









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future rock climber

Week 3 Story: The Land of the Cyclopes