Reading Notes: Nursery Rhymes, Reading A

Nursery Rhymes: Riddles


Woman telling stories by Andrew Lang
This unit was a really good read and will provide great material for future writings! I especially like the Riddles section. I have always like reading riddles, ever since I read the Hobbit when I was in Jr. High School. One of the riddles that stuck out to me the most was:

I WENT to the wood and got it;
I sat me down and looked at it;
The more I looked at it the less I liked it;
And I brought it home because I couldn't help it.


The answer is a thorn. I never would have guess this one without seeing the answer. But I will definitely be using this in the future with other people. Another Riddle I really like was 

LONG legs, crooked thighs,
Little head, and no eyes.

The answer is a pair of tongs, the personification that the writer provided definitely through me off and I would never have guessed the answer. 

This story is part of the Nursery Rhymes unit. Story source: The Nursery Rhyme Book edited by Andrew Lang and illustrated by L. Leslie Brooke (1897) Nursery Rhymes: Riddles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future rock climber

Week 3 Story: The Land of the Cyclopes