Reading Notes: Celtic Fairy Tales, Reading A

Woman by a well by John D. Batten


This was such an interesting unit. I chose it because I gave always enjoyed reading fairy tales and other such made up or inspired stories. My literary tastes have always been founded in fiction rather than non-fiction. So all the stories in this unit are exactly what I was looking for in a reading selection.

The story that stood out to me the most was the Gold-Tree and Silver-Tree. The idea of a king and his wife having titles involving types of trees gave the story a whole new flavor that I really enjoyed. I think that ridiculous names for characters gives them much more depth in a story telling. I also liked that the story was mostly dialogue and did a great job of keeping the reader engaged the entire time.

This story is part of the Celtic Fairy Tales (1) unit. Story source: Celtic Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs with illustrations by John D. Batten (1892). Gold-Tree and Silver-Tree

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future rock climber

Week 3 Story: The Land of the Cyclopes