Extra Credit Reading: Congo, Reading A

Pipes; drawing by Dennett


This unit was a great read! It is always really cool to learn about other cultures and what their possible influences could have been on my own culture. I have always been interested in this era of writing so that I why I chose it for this reading assignment.

The story that stood out to me the most was Ngomba's Balloon. The style of writing and the dialogue really captured my attention at once. The way the writer wrote a sentence and then puts brackets around the action that what taking place while she was talking made it seem like much more real, and helped me to picture the scene as I was reading it. This is definitely a style of writing I will be incorporating. 



This story is part of the Congo unit. Story source: Notes on the Folklore of the Fjort by Richard Edward Dennett (1898). Congo: Ngomba's Balloon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future rock climber

Week 3 Story: The Land of the Cyclopes